AFTER BEING GIVEN ADMISSION WHAT IS NEXT?
It is the dream of every youth to get admitted into a tertiary institution. This desire gets us to sit up for a while but getting admitted into these institutions should not be the end to our struggle.
Today we (at NFC) bring you Ten things a 100level University new intake should know and practice.
1) Your first year (100level) in school is the most important period of your stay. Hence, take caution in selecting your friends and cliques. These friends will either make you or mare you.
2) Your first year (100level) is the best period to build a solid G.P for yourself as a new student. Some reasons being; less complicated courses (Introduction Courses) are done during your first year (100 level), you are less engaged in school socio-political activities (these activities can pose to be a great distraction), first year (100 level) lecturers are more dedicated, patient and punctual.
Also READ>>> Why Does Love Hurt So Bad
3) Participate in all group projects and assignments. Often times test and examination questions are picked from assignments given.
4) Rent an apartment that is close to your campus; Sometimes you may be totally out of cash and trekking down to class may be the only option available. Renting a house that is a stone throw from school will save you unnecessary wastage of money on transportation.
5) Ensure you equip yourself with all study materials (textbooks, handout etc). some lecturers give extra marks if you buy their textbooks.
6) Endeavour to attend all lectures; be punctual and attentive. Attendance record may be taken unexpectedly, this fetch additional marks for the lucky few.
7) Get a reading partner or group in your department. your reading group should be different from your casual friends, it should be of mixed gender, members of the reading group should take turn to teach and make the class as interactive as possible.
8) Map out your personal study time and habit to constant stick with it. It is bad habit to constantly adjust your reading time to suit your personal activities rather your personal activities should be adjusted to suit your study time.
Also READ>>> HOW TO BECOME SUCCESSFUL
9) Take all assignments, quiz and test serious.
10) Study all past questions but do not rely on them alone, read your textbooks and notes as well.
Thanks for reading. Wishing you a happy stay in school. Cheers!!!